Noteworthy Features To Look For In Cleanroom Wall Panels Before Selecting
Every one of us might have seen controlled spaces where many companies or organisations carry out their work. The construction of the cleanroom should take into consideration several factors. According to the experts, during the phase of planning and designing, one must always take into consideration the type of materials that would shape the cleanroom.
One of the significant aspects that need consideration is ascertaining that no air-borne pollutants enter the closed chamber as it might hamper the preciseness of the production of the industry.
There are various utilities of the cleanroom. Whether it is an automobile industry carrying out painting, pharmaceutical company manufacturing medicines, or any industry manufacturing machines, the role of a cleanroom is significant. This is why consideration needs to be made during installation.
How Have Things Changed Significantly?
When compared to the ways of construction that were followed two decades back, the modern-day is making use of cleanroom wall panels. Alternative to epoxy paints or PVC, these panels have proved to be a better alternative. These are not only cost-effective and easy to install but also ensures better permeability to air and water apart from producing environmental waste.
What Needs to be Considered while Choosing Panels?
Selection of panels has always been an ardent task. Several parameters and aspects need to be considered. According to the experts dealing with the installation of cleanroom wall panels, the following are some of the essential things that should never be overlooked--
- The resistivity of the panel towards the fire. One must always look out for the panels that are non-combustible and non-shedding. This would add to the safety of the workplace.
- Ascertaining that the panels are smoke sensitive
- The panels should be effective in controlling the moisture. A proper water and moisture resistant products always prevent the growth of fungi and moulds.
- The panels should be able to resist any of the chemical attacks and should not degrade
Does Panel Finish Play a Crucial Role?
Every defined element of cleanroom wall panels has to be proper for the best result. It is why the panel finish plays an important role.
The right selection of the panel finish depends on several factors. To name a few of them- the ability to control humidity, cleaning, and application. In case of any doubt about the material of the panel finish, the experts' guidance would always come in handy.
Different types of finishes are used in the cleanroom wall panel. The selection largely depends on the utility and application. Based on that, the companies are using polyester, PET and laminate for panel finish.
- Each of the panel finishes has its own advantages. These are-
- Use of laminates ensures there is no growth of moulds and fungi and hence, considered good for the food industry
- With excellent UV protection, corrosion resistance polyester is the best option. It is used as the cleanroom wall panels for spray booths, engineering fabrications, etc
- Use of PET (Polyethene Terephthalate) in industries related to electronics and specialist engineering because of easy maintenance, formable, and robust.
Each of the traits associated with the panelling plays a crucial role in the selection. It’s not only about meeting the requirements, but also about ensuring safety and smoothness of work.