Basics Of A Poptop Caravan For Sale
What Is A Pop Top Caravan?
If you find a pop top caravan on sale, don't wonder what makes them different. Like it says in its name, it's the top, i.e. the roof. It resembles a typical average-sized caravan, with the only distinction being its adjustable roof. The roof of these caravans can be lowered downwards or raised upwards. These serve to expand the headroom of the caravan. This expansion mechanism of the caravan can either work in a similar fashion as a folding caravan, i.e. made with a rigid material that snaps into place. It can otherwise be made out of fabric similar to a canvas that extends like a tent in its function. Any you might come across will most likely possess water and wind shielding qualities to their roofs, with sectioning for natural air passing and might even use netting features to block insects from entering the van.
Advantages Of Purchasing A Poptop Caravan For Sale:
1. These are ideally relatively compact in design; this allows them to be towed along with a standard SUV or any smaller sized truck.
2. If the popup caravan you choose to buy is made of fabric, you can be assured that your caravan receives plenty of natural light, making it look brighter, airy and spacious in appearance.
3. The design of such caravans create a lowered roof height; this feature is optimal towards ensuring reduced wind or drag resistance at the time of towing the van. This is additionally beneficial if you were to consider better stability and fuel exhaustion.
4. A high quality and well-maintained poptop caravan can hold a pretty good return on the sale value. The depreciation aspect of these caravans is considerably lower as compared to a standard caravan; as a result, they can receive a good value at the time of a prospective resale.
5. Since these are compact with a low roof, they can easily be sheltered in a standard-sized carport or garage, thus making them exceptionally convenient to manage and store.
Disadvantages Of Purchasing A Pop Top Caravan For Sale:
1. These vans might cost you a tad bit more than your typical or standard variety caravan, even if you were to buy a second-hand one.
2. Even with the roof expansion feature, pop top caravans have limited scope for headroom that might prove to be quite cramped after a certain point. Those with a taller than average stature should consider such an application before making the purchase.
3. If the caravan is made of fabric, it is only natural that it becomes susceptible to some wear and tear along with possible water leakages that turn into mildew or mould. One needs to be aware and proactive with maintenance to avoid such circumstances.
4. Another downside to fabric roofs is the flapping sound that it might make against the wind when the van is in motion; these are likely to cause a disturbance. Further, it might also not be the most ideal in terms of retaining heat indoors during winters.
The following are the advantages, disadvantages and functioning of any pop top caravan for sale you might come across for your perusal for making a buying decision.