Spruce Up Your Sydney Homes With Laminate Flooring
Laminate flooring is a composite flooring material. It has numerous layers, has been around for a long time, and is designed to add flair and value to the home while enduring wear and tear. Most often, it’s designed to look like wood.
But that’s just the basics of it. Nowadays, there are different kinds of laminate flooring with different advantages and disadvantages that we will see in the latter part of this article. Once you have a basic idea about laminate flooring, then you can find suitable to install it in your home.
About Laminate Flooring
In general, laminate flooring is composed of three layers.
- The base layer is made up of plywood or high-density fiberboard, which gives it strength and stability. This is the same base that many of the greatest engineered wood flooring products are built on.
- The second layer is a high-resolution, photo-realistic image layer, which usually replicates the features of wood but it can also be stone-look or even metal-look variants.
- Finally, it has protective wear and tears layer. This layer is quite strong, which makes laminate flooring one of the most durable flooring options. Additionally, depending on the style, you can have soundproofing and moisture resistance features as well.
Choose a reliable brand for laminate flooring, and the seller can customise the flooring according to your needs.
Styles Of Laminate Flooring
There are so many options to choose from when we are talking about laminate flooring. Since high-resolution printing is not a tough thing to achieve these days, we can imitate any floor patterns or types that we want.
In case a genuine hardwood floor is not an option for you, laminate flooring can be an excellent alternative. From mock intricate hardwood floor patterns, you can get it all through laminate flooring.
Advantages Of Laminate Flooring
There are so many advantages of laminate:
- Laminate can replicate the look of natural floors. It is very versatile and sometimes has more moisture resistance than various other flooring options.
- It is very comfortable to walk on.
- Laminate is great for families with kids because it is low maintenance and very durable.
- Low-VOC and no-toxic laminate flooring are very common these days.
- It can be used in kitchens and mudrooms, where other options of wooden flooring will fail, because, unlike wooden floors, laminate can be completely water-resistant.
- It is very affordable and installation charges are pretty low too.
- Laminate is very easy to install, it can be done in so many ways.
- As we can see, it is a great alternative to hardwood floors.
Durability And Comfort:
Laminates can go anywhere you wish. They are a great option for hallways, entryways, dining rooms, and living rooms, basically anywhere with heavy foot traffic, but since they can replicate all the intricate details of any floor that you might want, they can easily be used for bedrooms and family rooms. On top of that due to their water resistance, they can also be used in kitchens or even bathrooms.
If hardwood and laminate are compared, laminate’s durability is one the most important factors that one should consider.
Laminates most likely will be the durable option mainly because of their wear layer.
You can put laminates anywhere that you can put hardwood. Another comparison we can do is between Engineered wood vs Laminates: So, Engineered wood can go where solid wood can’t, same goes for laminate, it can be used where you can’t use hardwood. But again if we compare durability, laminate is more likely to win.
When it comes to waterproof options, the only option other than laminates is vinyl flooring but when we compare the looks, only the best vinyl flooring can duplicate the looks and realism of a solid wood floor as well laminates.
Maintaining new floors isn’t easy, especially if you have kids and pets. Laminate is one of the toughest floors that one can get. It is because of the durable wear layer which is very difficult to scratch, stain, or gouges. In short, aside from PVC flooring or tiles, such resistance to scratch or stain is difficult to find.
As mentioned before, laminate is great for areas where people tend to move around a lot in the house. Laminate can easily withstand wear and tear or scuff marks from dragging a box around to moving around furniture in your home, and it can look as good as new even after a long time with minimal maintenance.
Laminate is no doubt one of the easiest flooring to install, whether you have experience with flooring yourself or you’re hiring a professional in Sydney to do it for you. Laminate can be nailed, stapled, or glued down just like most wood floorings, and there are also options for Click-together or “click-lock” floors in laminates, which are known as floating floors.
Floating floors are more affordable and easier to install as they can be easily installed over existing surfaces, and you can also replace the floor with pieces in case of damage.
Find a reputed brand to install laminate flooring for you; they can also educate you about possible disadvantages such as noise and moisture absorption.
In Sydney, Laminate flooring can be pretty affordable, but prices vary according to the vendor, though it is usually decided per square foot. But if we compare it to solid wood flooring, the exotic wooden floors cost way more.
Earlier, the laminates looked like cheap plastic, but it seems as good as the real deal thanks to modern technological advancement. But you can get it a lot cheaper than the wooden flooring, but you don’t have to compromise with the looks or the durability.
The installation cost for laminate flooring in Sydney can vary significantly based on the type of installation, the location where it is being installed, the extent of installation, and the installer itself. The easiest way to get a rough estimate of cost is to look through the online websites of laminate flooring installers in Sydney.