Complete Analysis: Are Terrazzo Tiles Expensive?
This article will take a closer look at the material terrazzo and its efficacy as tiles. We will also take a deeper dive into the terrazzo tile market and determine whether these tiles are expensive. We will also recommend how you can get high-quality yet cheap terrazzo tiles if you are planning on building a new space or renovating your existing space. This article is your complete guide to terrazzo and its multitude of uses.
About Terrazzo Tiles
Terrazzo is a material that consists of several elements in varying combinations. Some of these elements are marble, quartz or granite. The tiles are manufactured by pouring the chemical solution and then by applying a hydraulic press to it. After the tiles are formed, they are ground and polished to give them a frictionless surface and a unique sheen. These tiles are used for practical as well as decorative purposes. According to a number of interior designers, terrazzo tiles impart a rustic Italian effect to the decor when used. These tiles are used for both flooring as well as covering or decorating the walls.
Why Terrazzo Tiles Are An Ideal Option
Terrazzo is a material of superior quality. It is formed from a combination of Italian marble and glass; the entire effect is rich, elegant and luxurious. It can be used both in a classic as well as contemporary or abstract style of decor. The glass element in terrazzo creates various effects; coloured glass can be added to the combination in order to make decorative and elegant floors.
Good quality terrazzo tiles are environmentally friendly and are made with recycled materials that are locally sourced. They meet LEED specifications which imply that they are sustainable and good for the environment. These tiles are also durable and are wear and tear and scratch-resistant. Cheap terrazzo tiles are also quite commonly found in the market.
Benefits of Using Terrazzo
- Terrazzo is one of the most beautiful architectural materials available and is perfect for ornamental and artisanal tiles.
- Terrazzo is a durable material. In fact, some forms of it have lasted for centuries.
- It is an eco-friendly and sustainable architectural material that is made from natural or recycled products. The manufacturing of terrazzo does not release toxins in any form. It also does not release any volatile organic compounds, which are often toxic.
- Since the terrazzo is long-lasting, it can be used for both interiors as well as exteriors. Exposure to the weather and other atmospheric elements does not affect it much.
- Terrazzo is quite cheap. They are easily and widely available.
- It is versatile. It can be used for building floors, walls, patios, hallways, galleries, countertops etc. While its commercial usage is quite prevalent (used in hotel lobbies, malls, office spaces), it can be used to build homes.
Terrazzo is an architectural material that one should experiment with. Interior designers and architects highly recommend it. Its versatile and bacteria resistant nature makes it an ideal choice for places that people visit frequently.