Get Detailed Insights about 482 Visa Australia and Its Processing Time
The subclass 482 Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa that was introduced in the year 2018, replaced the popular Australian 457 visa. Since then, the subclass 482 visa remains to be one of the popular visas that is chosen by many migrants. The visa was announced to address the skill shortage in the country attracted migrants from all over the world and fix some of the issues with the previous 457 program. Let us walk through the details of the 482 Visa and the processing time of the visa.
What is the TSS visa?
The temporary skill shortage visa (subclass 482) allows an employer to sponsor a skilled worker to fill in a position for which they can’t find a suitable Australian skilled person.
What does this visa allow you to do?
The holder of the TSS visa can live in Australia while working a full-time job for the sponsoring employer. If you are applying for the TSS visa you may include your dependent family members in your application. You can apply for the subclass 482 visa under various streams.
Various streams under 482 SUBCLASS VISA
- The Short-Term stream: 2 years, the occupation should be in STSOL
- The Medium-Term stream: Up to 4 years, the occupation should be in MLTSSL or ROL
- The Labour Agreement stream: As per the Labour Agreement
This visa allows employers to answer the labour shortages by bringing skilled workers. With the short term stream visa you can:
- Work in Australia for up to 2 years
- Travel to and from Australia as many times as you want till the visa is valid
Processing time: 482 Visa Processing Time for short term stream 75 per cent of application is processed within 30 days while 90per cent of application is processed within 46days
The purpose of the visa is the same only things differ is what you can do with this visa:
- You can work in Australia for up to 4 years (or up to 5 years if you have a Hong Kong passport)
- You can study (you won't receive government assistance)
- You can travel to and from Australia as many times as you want till the visa is valid
- Apply for permanent residence if eligible.
The processing time for a mid-term stream visa is somewhere around 30 to 60 days.
Labour agreement stream
This visa is for skilled workers who are nominated by the employers and has a labour agreement. The labour agreement is formed between the Australian Government and the employers. The things rules of other schemes apply for this stream too. It can take 35 days to 50 days for the 482 Processing Time under the labour agreement stream.
The basic eligibility
- You must be nominated for a skilled position and full-time job by an approved sponsor
- You should have proper skills that are required for the job
- You should meet the English requirement that a sponsor needs
- Should be eligible to work only in the nominated job
We note that processing times have been quite different during the COVID-19 pandemic. 482 applicants who are able to meet the requirements for a travel exemption have had faster 482 processing times, while those who are not able to meet a travel exemption have been waiting longer.
The subclass 482 TSS visa can give you a chance to apply for PR. Consult an immigration agent and lodge your application at the right time. The agents will help in filling the application properly and meeting the eligibility requirements.