Uses Of Diethyl Phthalate in the Fragrance Industry
The use of diethyl phthalate has increased in recent times. It finds its use in several industries. But the fragrance oils and cosmetics have been using it for a lot of purposes. It is used as a blender, surfactant, fragrance solvent, and as a fixative too. The quality of being fixative aids in lasting fragrance longer.
It is used greatly in the cosmetic industry because of its anti-skin irritation features. It does not harm the human body nor does it harm the environment. Being a suitable solvent, it works well for the cosmetic industry to be used in a variety of products. It ensures that the products are safe and of good quality. It aids in the development of trust between the customer and the brand.
Functions and Uses
- Diethyl phthalate acts as a medium of carrying fragrance in various cosmetic products. Used as a good solvent, it also acts as an alcohol denaturant.
- It is used in bath preparations. This can incorporate tablets, oils, and salts. Apart from this, it is also used in toilet waters, perfumes, hair sprays, and several other fragrance related applications.
- It is constantly used in enamel removers, after-shave lotions, and even some skincare preparations.
- Going beyond the cosmetic industry, it acts as a plasticizer for cellulose ester plastic films and sheets. It includes blister packaging, tape, and photographic applications of this compound.
- The daily use of equipment like tool handles, toothbrushes, and toys also use diethyl phthalate as an active ingredient. It does not pose any health risks to the body.
- Used in mosquito repellents and insecticide sprays, it acts as a camphor substitute.
Possessing so many features, diethyl phthalate is one of the key ingredients of cosmetic industries and can be used legally for its unmatchable properties. Low on toxicity levels, it works as one of the best options for numerous commercial sectors.