Everything You Need To Know About Height And Slew Restriction For Equipment Safety
Before implementing safety guidelines for machines in the construction sites, it is necessary to monitor the location of the machine. To find out about the pre-set height limits and alert the operators, safety is needed to prevent accidents related to the power lines and bridges. Moreover, the workers requiring safety at the construction sites need to pay attention to the safety guidelines. The height and slew restriction are applicable to excavators placed in confined places or in sites where s higher propensity of injury is common.
Here is what you need to know about the height and slew restrictors.
- With the height restrictor, you can monitor the location of a machine with a pre-set limit on the height of the excavator’s arm.
- The slew restrictor helps in monitoring the position of the boom and dip of the excavator when they move sideways and war the people manning the machine as it comes nearer to the pre-set safety restrictions.
- With the slew restrictor, it is easy to prevent collisions with the oncoming vehicles, signs, walls or any other hazards in the surroundings.
- The activity of an excavator become restricted and regulated with height and slew restrictions in place, and the advanced systems help in enhancing the protection.
Reasons to use height and slew restrictors
You are familiar with the basic function of the height and slew restrictors but do you know the reason why it is a commonplace aspect of the worksites? Note the points mentioned below to know more about them.
- The implementation of height and slew restriction is highly useful for ensuring the safety of the operators, especially in confined places where the chances of accidents are higher.
- When a machine operates along the road, power lines, or the train tracks, the operator should not expand the arm of the excavator beyond a certain limit as it increases the chances of electrocution or other hazards during work.
- The restrictors are highly beneficial for places that are cramped or limited to regulate the slew of the machine so that the operators do not suffer from hazardous injuries when the arm of the excavator hits the wall or any other stumbling block in the workspace.
- For the safety of excavators near places with hazards, such as public passage, highways or railroads, a slew restrictor is mandatory.
- The restrictors are also necessary for large construction sites where the excavators operators work in cramped areas.
- Using slew restrictors demonstrate that your company cares for the employees and ardent to look forward to constructive safety measures.
Things to consider
While the height restrictors are applicable for second or triple excavators, the slew restrictors can protect the operators in single and multiple excavators. It’s true that you can maximize the benefits of height and slew restrictors, it is necessary to choose a suitable option for your worksite. Make sure the slew restrictors specify the movement of the operator and limit the speed when the excavator exceeds the pre-defined work area. If you require high-quality restrictors for your site, check the specifications for placing the order.