Complete Guide For A Truck Tyre Puncture Repair
A puncture is one of the most complex damages to a truck tyre that requires professional service. The complexity of truck tyre puncture repair lies in the dimensions of the tyre. To eliminate the defect, ensure that you look for specialists who have knowledge and skills to handle such tasks.
Furthermore, some punctures can be minor, while others can be deep. It doesn't matter if it is minor or not. Such a thing will undoubtedly hinder you from continuing with your journey. As such, you should always be prepared with a spare tyre or have a specialist come to you.
On many roads, and especially on off-road, the truck tyre is continuously faced with various annoying dangers that may lead to repairs. Statistics show that during operation, cuts, and punctures on the tread may occur. Most often, drivers encounter nails, broken glass, sharp stones that can lead to a tyre puncture.
are becoming an increasingly popular way to replace your damaged tyres. The services are offered by most reputable tyre companies worldwide. Experts have the necessary skills, experience, and the necessary equipment. Do not repair yourself since you may damage the tyre completely.
Despite the importance of the spare tyre, not all truck drivers have it at all times. Some do not carry a spare tyre because of the hope or confidence that their tyres are invulnerable. Others consciously take this step, as they have stockpiled a special tool in advance, which, if necessary, can eliminate a tyre puncture in transit.
Methods For Eliminating Truck Tyre Punctures
Conventionally, all methods for truck tyre repair can be divided into two categories:
- long-term repair, which implies the full operation of a retreaded tyre;
- A short-term solution that allows you to get to the nearest tyre fitting station.
Ways to repair a damaged truck tyre
- Preventive measures. A special sealant is pumped into all four intact tyres. During the ride, it is inside the wheel in liquid form. If suddenly the tyre loses its tightness, then this composition, leaving with the air, clogs onto the area quickly. This method is relevant if you have a long trip.
- Repair with sealants is a simple and popular way to repair truck tyre punctures. First, the damaged area is determined, if necessary, a foreign object is removed. Sealants are supplied in containers with a nozzle, which is put onto the tyre valve.
- Short-term repair with a self-tapping screw. A simple screw or self-tapping screw is taken (preferably larger than the size of the puncture) and screwed into the hole on the surface of the tyre.
It is known that the repair of punctured truck tyres is a rather complicated technological process requiring the master. It requires not only certain knowledge and skills but also strict adherence to repair procedures.