Basics Regarding The Double-Sided Tapes
What is a double-sided tape?
Double-sided tape is a type of adhesive tape that is transparent and has a high adhesiveness. It is coated with a modified acrylic adhesive that gives it super features.
It is used in places where there is high temperature and peels loads. That is, it is used for gluing price tags and shelves in refrigerators. It is used for splicing banner fabric and also for bonding designer cardboard. The best thing with this tape is that it is resistant to sunlight and moisture.
Features of double-sided tape that makes it an outstanding tape:-
1. Can withstand high and low temperatures:
Double-sided adhesive tapes withstand both very low-temperature and very high temperatures. They are not afraid even of direct sunlight. A properly glued structure with double-sided tape can last from 6 months up to 3 years.
This type of adhesive tape is very durable and can serve you for more years. It is available in varying thickness: It can be used in varying surfaces such as metal plastic and so on
Double-sided tape is used primarily in many areas. For instance in repair, installation, transportation, outdoor advertising, and as well as office supplies.
The double-sided tape is used in various fields. For instance, it is used in;
• Installation of finishing panels, boxes for electrical wiring, suspended ceilings, advertising structures, furniture, hooks, suspensions, holders.
• Fastening linoleum.
• Production of outdoor advertising materials (banners, stands, volumetric labels).
• Assembly of window structures.
• Repair of cars.
• Locking handles on transparent sliding doors.
• Packing work
• Solving office problems - fastening paper and cardboard, fixing information materials on stands or walls.
How to use a double-sided tape?
• Clean surfaces from dust, and dirt
• Cut off the tape of the desired length
• Carefully remove the protective film on one side
• Attach to the surface
• Try to press to ensure maximum contact area
Benefits of using double-sided tape:
- Ability to create a tight connection.
- Resistance to ultraviolet radiation, solvents, and other aggressive chemicals, moisture, and temperature.
- Cost-effective use.
- It is highly durable.
Recommendations for the use:
Before gluing, it is necessary to degrease the surfaces with alcohol or vodka. Pay more attention to plastic materials. Sticking of double-sided tape should occur only at a favourable temperature and in a room with normal humidity. It is impossible to glue double-sided tape on places with dust. This can significantly affect the final gluing result.
Double-sided tape is widely used for gluing displays into mobile phones and other equipment when replacing a screen, gluing boards, mounting plates, and metal tags on equipment. Often, this kind of tape is used in the packaging of goods that are stored in the refrigerator and subjected to extreme temperatures.
In conclusion, double-sided tape indeed plays a huge role. It is used in many places for various purposes. For instance, in offices, it is widely used to wrap up various things. Thus, do not ignore this kind of product as it is also used in our homes.