Naturopath And Reasons To Get Treated By Them
A certified naturopath is a person who has a degree in Naturopathy and has completed 8 years of post-secondary education and passed 2 sets of national level board examination. The title of a Naturopath is verified by the Board of Directors of Drugless Therapy. The responsibility or skill of a naturopath is not only to assess the physical aspects but also the psychology of the patient and since no two patients have the same lifestyle or living conditions, the treatment is never generic.
As Naturopathy aims to heal the root causes of illness — not just stop the symptoms, so it is very essential for a Naturopath to know a complete history of a person, to heal the mind, body and the spirit. People of all ages can visit a Naturopath, be it a child, or an adult or a senior citizen. The moment one wants to make lifestyle changes and incorporate natural herbs and medicines in one diet, one can visit a certified Naturopath.
History of Naturopathy
Though the earliest traces of Naturopathy or the science of study of herbal medicines can be read in the ancient Vedas in India and about 400 BC in Greece, in other countries, it became in vogue since the 19th century.
Tempe, as being part of Arizona, boasts of the number of Naturopaths that are passing out and practising every year and the number is certainly increasing. The number of Naturopathy clinics is more than 265 in Tempe, Arizona. Most of the practising Naturopaths in Tempe have good reviews from patients, more than 15 years of practice, and also a success story in terms of healing.
A naturopath takes care of the following aspects of the treatment.
- Lifestyle changes and alteration of diets tailor-made for his customers: Since the science of Naturopathy is not just administering oral or topical medicines, a naturopath advises his patients to make required lifestyle changes too.
- Reduction of stress: Since we all know that stress produces cortisol, a Naturopath, tries to reduce the stress in his patients through the use of essential oils for massages and herbal teas.
- Using herbal medicines as dietary supplements: Tempe has a wide range of flora that is a house to many herbs that are used in herbal medicines, a Naturopath adds these as part of the dietary supplement.
- Exercise therapy: A Naturopath advises his patients too to engage in physical exercise as well to maintain the ideal metabolic rate for the medicines to heal the patients effectively.
- Homeopathy: At times a Naturopath also mixes the elements of Homeopathy along with Naturopathy.
- Detoxification by using herbal concoctions: A detoxification procedure is used to help the patients get rid of toxin built up due to incorrect diet and lifestyle.
- Counselling and psychotherapy for patients who come to them with conditions like anxiety, depression etc are also offered by the Naturopath.
The common list of diseases or health conditions that a Naturopath heals are given below:
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Chronic pain
- Digestive problems
- Hormonal imbalances